Main content of the website

  • font sizeA
  • A
  • A

Utility Billing

The Town of Three Hills offers Garbage, Recycling, Sewer, and Water services to both Commercial and Residential Customers within Municipal boundaries.

Prior to moving into your new home, please contact the Town of Three Hills at 403-443-5822 to set up your Utilities, having the Utility Application Form completed. If you are a landlord or tenant, please also ensure that you complete the Landlord-Tenant Agreement. 

Each month you will receive an Invoice for the previous month's water and sewer consumption as well as the monthly recycling depot and garbage collection fee. Utility Invoices are calculated from the first to last day of each month and will be mailed VIA Canada Post the second week of the following month. Payment is due the last business day of the month in which the Invoice is received.

Town of Three Hills  Utility Invoices can be paid at the Town Office by cash, cheque, credit card, or Interac. If preferred, utility's can be paid at your bank, through an Instant Teller, telephone banking, or through internet banking. Contact your financial institution for more information. The Town also offers a convenient Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Plan option which will automatically withdraw the payment from your bank account on the last business day of each month. You may cancel withdrawals with this Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Cancellation Form at any time.

Utility Forms

Rates & Fees


Residential (flat rate)$ 18.50per month
Commercial (flat rate)$ 27.50per month
Garbage (Black) Carts, first is free, charge for additional bins$ 84.50 +GSTeach


Residential$  8.00per month
Commercial$  9.00per month
Recycling (Blue) Carts, first is free, charge for additional bins$ 98.55 +GSTeach


Water Distribution Flat Rate
$ 19.40per month
Water Usage Rate
$   3.82per cubic meter


Wastewater Flat Rate
$ 24.98per month
Wastewater Usage Rate
$   1.00per cubic meter


New Water Meter
cost + 15% + GST
Water Meter Installation
$ 75.00 + GST

Accidental High Water Usage

Three Hills provides financial assistance to single-family residential customers who receive a high water/wastewater utility bill as a result of a water leak or plumbing failure within the property.

 An extension for paying water and wastewater bills will not be provided because of a pending adjustment request. Residents are advised to pay the full amount of the accidental high-water bill within the normal payment period while your adjustment request is being investigated for the accidental high-water bill amount to remain in good standing on all current billings.

Click here for more information.