Land Use Rezoning Notifications

When an application for land use rezoning is given first reading by Town Council, Council must hold a public hearing regarding the amendments which provides additional opportunity for community input.  Notice of the hearing is advertised in the local newspaper (for at least two issues) and by mailing or delivering the notice to the owner(s) of the subject parcel and to adjacent landowners.
There is no legislated time frame to make a decision on a rezoning application.  The process may be lengthier than an application for a subdivision or development permit due to the public hearing requirement and often due to the complexity of the application.
For rezoning application to be approved, Town Council must give the readings to, and sign the amendment bylaw. 

No Land Use Rezoning Notices at the time