Parks & Recreation Labourer I
The role of the Parks and Recreation Labourer I is to provide assistance with the construction, maintenance and/or repair of the parks, green areas, and recreation facilities to ensure the parks and facilities are accessible and maintained in a safe and effective manner.
The Parks and Recreation Labourer I shall provide management with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
It is also the responsibility of the Parks and Recreation Labourer I to provide these services in an effective and efficient manner to enhance the community.
· Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
· Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License; and
· No previous experience is required – entry level position.
· Mechanical Aptitude.
· Practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
· Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors, and coworkers.
· Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
· Ability to use discretion regarding confidential matters.
· Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently operate equipment including but not limited to: skid steer, single axle truck, lawn mowers, weed whips, snow blowers, as well as a variety of hand tools.
· Ability to make minor repairs and undertake standard maintenance procedures on all equipment they operate.
· Ability to perform manual labour.
WORK HOURS: Full Time, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week.
TERM: Approximately February to October
RATE OF PAY: As per CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Emailed applications are preferred and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "Parks and Recreation Labourer I” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date January 31, 2018.