Manager of Protective Services
The Town of Three Hills is seeking a motivated, driven, responsible individual to play an essential role in developing the Bylaw and Emergency Management program. The position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment to demonstrate proficiencies in municipal bylaw, disaster response and crisis management for Emergency Management issues and programs.
Reporting to the CAO, this position’s responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in developing the regional Bylaw program by fulfilling an active Bylaw role.
- Supervise the Bylaw Enforcement Officers for the region.
- Keep informed of federal, provincial, and local regulations affecting emergency plans and ensure compliance; and
- Apply for federal and/or provincial funding for emergency management related needs and administer and report on the progress of such grants; and
- Design and administer emergency or disaster preparedness training courses; and
- Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters or emergencies; and
- Develop and maintain liaisons with municipalities, county departments, and similar entities to facilitate plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment; and
- Consult with officials of schools, hospitals, and other institutions to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency; and
The Manager of Protective Services shall provide the CAO with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License; and
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
- Standard First Aid Certificate; and
- Post-secondary Degree in an approved Business, Public Administration, or Emergency Management field; and
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Ability to provide effective patrol coverage and enforcement of municipal bylaws.
- Ability to investigate complaints from the public, nuisance and unsightly properties, and other bylaw infractions
- Ability to enhance public education and awareness of bylaw related issues.
- Ability to conduct court related duties.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to identify educational needs, develop formal training programs and instruct stakeholders.
- Ability to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com referencing "Manager of Protective Services” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.