Manager of Planning and Development
The Town of Three Hills is seeking a dynamic, community minded self-starter to play an essential role in shaping our community. The position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment to demonstrate proficiency in planning, zoning, development and municipal policy.
Reporting to the CAO, this positions responsibilities will be to:
Review and process development permit applications, plans and proposals; and
- Oversee the processing of Safety Codes approvals under the Quality Management Plan and management of the contract with the Town’s accredited service provider
- Prepare, process and present statutory plans, Land Use Bylaw regulations, and amendments to statutory plans and the Land Use Bylaw
- Research and prepare presentations to Council, Municipal Planning Commission and the public on land use planning matters
- Review and process applications for subdivision approval including preparing and managing development agreements
- Respond to inquiries and advise on a broad range of land use planning issues and processes from the public, external agencies and internal departments
- Assist with the enforcement of planning regulations and responding to complaints
- Assist the CAO with development proposals involving Town owned lands
The Manager of Planning and Development shall provide the CAO with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License; and
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
- Completion of post-secondary education in land use planning or a related discipline; and
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with the Municipal Government Act, statutory plans and land use bylaws or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of planning theory, land use concepts and policy planning issues
- Ability to conduct confident presentations and public speaking engagements
- Ability to demonstrate strong report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Ability to use a computer with demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of software such as Outlook and Office.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity and professionalism while serving the overall vision and values of the Town.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com referencing "Manager of Planning and Development” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.