The Town of Three Hills is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic, community minded individual to play an essential role in providing confidential administrative and clerical support to the CAO to facilitate the effective and efficient operations of the municipality.
It is also the responsibility of the Executive Assistant to ensure a constant awareness and service orientation to the customers, both internal and external, while ensuring compliance to all relevant legislation, policy, and procedure.
Reporting directly to the CAO, the preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in the field of business, administration or law; and
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and
- Ability to obtain Commissioner of Oaths in and for the Province of Alberta; and
- Ability to demonstrate advanced computer skills with Word and Excel; and
- Municipal experience is a definite asset.
- Shall be required to adhere to processes and policies in support of municipal goals and legislative requirements.
- Shall be required to provide confidential administrative support and ensure resources are provided to make effective decisions.
- May be required to research, draft, review, and complete reports, agendas, documentation, minutes, and press releases.
- May be required to schedule, coordinate, and make travel, meeting, and event arrangements as required.
- May be required to attend meetings and events, during and after regular scheduled hours.
- May be required to assist with operating and capital budget processes.
- May be required to maintain the records management systems and ensure the protection and security of files and records.
- May be required to coordinate activities with external agencies and other operational areas.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com referencing "Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.