Director of Operations & Infrastructure
The Town of Three Hills is seeking an energetic and motivated professional with superior leadership, communication, analytical, report writing, customer service skills, and political intuition, who works well in a fast paced environment and can help drive the Town forward in accomplishing the goals and strategic direction set by Council. The position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment to demonstrate proficiencies in public works water distribution, wastewater collection, roads infrastructure maintenance and operations, fleet management, inventory and experience managing with progressive and visionary leadership in a unionized environment..
Reporting to the CAO, this positions responsibilities will be to:
· Coordinate, manage, and monitor the workings of the public works, utility, waste, and parks and recreation departments.
· Facilitate communication between internal departments and external agencies or contractors.
· Research, draft, and review processes and policies.
· Delegate tasks and accountabilities to coordinators.
· Establish work schedules, supervise staff, and monitor and evaluate employee performance.
· Submit and monitor budget data and assist in the development and implementation of capital projects.
· Liaise and coordinate with external agencies, associations and other operational areas.
· Provide reports to external agencies, associations, departments, and other organizations.
The Director of Operations and Infrastructure shall provide the CAO with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Completion of post-secondary certificate in the field of engineering or considerable work in civil engineering; and
· Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a municipal environment; and
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a management or supervisory role; and
· Proven success in working with elected officials, other levels of government and multi-stakeholders is essential
· Knowledge/experience in municipal legislation, municipal operating systems and municipal finance; and
· Maintain a current Membership with the Alberta Water and Wastewater Operators Association (AWWOA); and
· A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to conduct confident presentations and public speaking engagements
· Ability to demonstrate strong report writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
· Ability to use a computer with demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of software such as Outlook and Office.
· Ability to make decisions with integrity and professionalism while serving the overall vision and values of the Town.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com referencing "Director of Operations and Infrastructure” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.