The Town of Three Hills is seeking a dynamic team member with a keen eye for detail and the ability to multitask to play an essential role in supporting the Management Team. The position offers a fast paced and motivating work environment to demonstrate proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and organizational skills.
The Administrative Clerk I will perform administrative and office support activities in order to ensure that Town services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
- Experience with operating a personal computer; and
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, internet, and email; and
- Public relation and/or customer service skills.
Functional Requirements and Responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Ability to use discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency and knowledge of software such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity and professionalism while serving the overall vision and values of the Town.
- May be required to assist with Town facilities.
- May be required to assist the finance department which may include cash receipts, data entry, and accounts receivable.
- May be required to assist in file maintenance, record keeping, and report preparation.
- May be required to attend training.
- May perform recording secretary duties for, but not limited to, municipal planning committee.
- May perform special projects such as organizing/constructing/maintaining new files systems for development and construction permits.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered, please provide both a resume and cover letter that clearly demonstrates how your qualifications meet the advertised requirements to the attention of Naly Junmany, by one of the following:
- email (preferred), email@example.com referencing "Administrative Clerk I” in the subject line
- submit in person to the Town Office at 232 Main Street (marked Confidential)
- fax to (403)443-2616 (marked Confidential)
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Posted Internally on January 30, 2019. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.