Public Works Coordinator
The Town of Three Hills is seeking a dynamic and motivated team member to fill the position of Public Works Coordinator. The position offers a rewarding work environment to demonstrate proficiencies in planning, organizing, and directing resources for multiple departments under Public Works. This is a full-time position requiring eight (8) hours per day, forty (40) hours per week. The rate of pay is per the CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Infrastructure, this positions responsibilities will be to:
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning and coordinating of the public works, solid waste management, recycling services, roads, and sidewalks; and
- Prepare, modify and monitor schedules, budgets, reports and cost estimates for construction and maintenance activities; and
- Coordinate employees and ensure equipment and materials necessary to accomplish scheduled work are available; and
- Submit and monitor budget data and assist in the development and implementation of capital projects; and
- Coordinate activities with external agencies and other operational areas; and
- Work cooperatively with the public including prompt response to public concerns; and
- Attend Council or other meetings as required.
The Public Works Coordinator shall provide the Director of Operations and Infrastructure with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a valid Class 3 Drivers License with Air Brake "Q” endorsement; and
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
- Alberta Public Works Association (APWA) Level I – Public Works Supervisor; and
- AMHSA Ground Disturbance for Supervisors, or equivalent; and
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a management or supervisory role; and
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Ability to use a computer with demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of software such as Outlook and Office.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and supervise skilled or unskilled workers.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate equipment including but not limited to: skid steer, backhoe, motor grader, track loader, street sweeper, street sander, asphalt crack filling machine, tamper, sewer flusher and tandem axle truck.
- Ability to make minor repairs and undertake standard maintenance procedures on all equipment they operate.
- Ability to take a regular shift in the "stand-by” rotation and may be required to work evenings and weekends to account for seasonal or operational requirements.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent to email@example.com referencing "Public Works Coordinator”in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies. A current driver’s abstract will be required by the successful candidate upon acceptance of position.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.