FACILITY ATTENDANT - Permanent Full-Time - Closing March 12, 2018
The role of the Facility Attendant I is to perform custodial duties and minor maintenance to ensure parks, green areas, and facilities are maintained in a safe and sanitary manner.
The Facility Attendant shall provide management with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
It is also the responsibility of the Facility Attendant I to maintain these responsibilities to ensure the health, safety, and security of the community.
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate; and
- Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License; and
- No previous experience is required – entry level position.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Practice and encourage safe work behaviors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public, supervisors, and coworkers.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to use discretion regarding confidential matters.
- Ability to work cooperatively with the management team and support other departments.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate equipment including but not limited to: floor polishers, steam cleaners, lawn mowers, weed whips, variety of other hand tools required in minor building maintenance.
- Ability to make minor repairs and undertake standard maintenance procedures on all equipment they operate.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
WORK HOURS: Monday – Sunday, 8 hours per day. This position requires a modified work schedule to account for seasonal and/or operational requirements. Must be able to work weekends.
RATE OF PAY: As per CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Emailed applications are preferred and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing "FACILITY ATTENDANT I” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Closing date March 12, 2018.